April 2016 Visioning Session Update
Category : Village Views
Views : 569
On Saturday, April 23, 2016, the Village Council held a Visioning Session at the Community Center. The visioning session was moderated by Dr. Bob Lee from Local Government Advisors Inc.. The purpose of the visioning session was to establish priorities for the upcoming year that the Council and staff will work towards accomplishing. At the beginning of the meeting, members of the public in attendance were invited to give their input on their respective priorities. The Council then had a lively exchange of ideas and developed five priorities in no particular order that they wished to explore and work for. Upon identifying the five priorities, the public was once again invited to comment on the priorities. The five priorities are as follows:
- Continue to ensure that public safety is continually improved through technology and application of applicable best practices. This includes our Police Department, lighting throughout the Village, traffic calming, bike and pedestrian pathways and a plan for climate change.
- Improve the aesthetics and effectiveness of public and private spaces. This includes exploring the possibility of a new community center, dog park, expansion of the Village library and explore the options for the best usage of the recently acquired 9900 Building including exploring a public/private partnership.
- Promote the Village as a place to live, work and invest through branding and marketing.
- Maintain a fiscally sustainable and responsible budget. Explore the possibilities of expanding the Village tax base and alternative revenue sources.
- Focus on downtown development to improve the quality of life for our citizens.
The Village Council and staff will continue to work on these priorities to help make our Village a better place to live, work and play.